Monday, February 14, 2005

Oh my sweet disposition

Did anyone see the documentary on Saturday following Michael Howard around? Very innaresting, as Neil Young would say. I tell you what's significant though: he just doesn't have the personal ability to make him likeable. Unlike TB, who is great at all that baby-kissing stuff, and has a real personable element to him, Howard looks visibly uncomfortable at having to rub shoulders with the common folk. I'm still voting Labour by the way. Even if it is a wasted vote for me here in Hallam, where Labour lie in a distant third place; I beleive in the party.

I've been watching House Of Cards, which young Si Wilkins kindly loaned me. If you don't already know, it was a political drama made in the early '90s, dramatising the post-Thatcher power struggle amongst the Tory party. Ian Richardson plays the deliciously conniving Francis Urquart, who slowly picks off his rivals for power. It's very good, though probably not as good as I remembered; wincingly smug at times (it is supposed to be smug, but still...) and the woman who plays the young eager reporter isn't particularly convincing. Still, very entertaining.

2 Comments:

At 1:33 pm, Blogger Matt said...

Hey I'm voting labour too. It'll be the first time I've voted in a General Election - I actually have an opinion this time!

Funny that in the last election the smart, well-informed people were evenly split, and therefore, logically, that proves that intelligence is not a factor. Kind of makes voting absurd.

 
At 4:06 pm, Blogger Pete said...

Cool. Who's your MP? Dick Caborn?

How come you didn't vote in '97 and '01? (Out of interest, not interrogation)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home