Saturday, August 09, 2008

War and what to do of an evening

The trouble of time and what to do with it shouldn't be much of a problem at all, but there it is, gnawing away. I'm supposed to be going to this party tonight, which shouldn't be much of an evening, and I'd definitely rather be at another friend's house, drinking wine and chatting. The problem is boys, single boys. They're so horny and desperate, and seem intent on talking an incredible amount of nonsense. And as I'm going with my girlfriend, we'll probably both get bored very quickly and leave soon after. Maybe i could ring my other friend after. Then there's the war in Georgia, and I wonder what they are doing tonight. We'll never be at war, will we? Not until we get really poor, or invaded again. I think we're due. Then there's tomorrow's race, which my girlfriend is driving me to in Doncaster (Askern actually) and I'm already on my way (2 pints this afternoon). However, I'm not going to duck out, as Cookie did this afternoon (very poor). I shall race tomorrow, and it will be wonderful. Monday off, thank God. Another game of tennis with Nick, hopefully as god as the one on friday, which was prbably our best ever match, in terms of quality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home