Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hell is chrome

I am, at this moment, listening to A Ghost Is Born by Wilco, a very good album. I'm very much looking forward to seeing them in March; have been a fan for a long time, and still haven't seen them live.

I was listening to Alan Milburn on Radio 5 today. Ooh, I know he's a right sleezy Blair clone, but I can't help getting on with him. And he's a Newcastle fan. I would hate to see him leader of the party, or God help us, PM, but he is undoubtedly likeable, and quite a moderate to my surprise. On the other side of the bench however, why is it that Tory MPs are so dislikeable and so bloody reactionary when they speak in interviews? I suppose that's being in opposition for you. Or maybe just being a Tory.
But for the record, my tip (and hope) for the leader after next (I'm sure Gordon will get a crack at the whip eventually) is the wonderful David Miliband, currently working at the Cabinet Office with Milburn. Should get a senior post after the election hopefully.

Also... I want to be an academic, I've decided. At least, that is, I'm applying for the Ma at Hallam, and we'll see how it goes.

2 Comments:

At 10:47 am, Blogger Nick said...

You missed my name off the list of future PMs.

 
At 6:41 pm, Blogger Pete said...

Aww shucks, of course. Sorry. Although they have all got a few years on you Nick. Having said that, government ministers are getting younger. Ruth Kelly is about 36, Miliband's maybe a year or two older. You better get a move on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home