Sunday, July 10, 2005

Return Of The Mac

Yesterday was a wonderful day. In the morning I managed to drag myself out of bed to go and play footie at Norfolk Park with Hugh, Laul and a bunch of Mormons, and pulled of a delightfully Lauren Robert-esque performance: glimpses of genius but with a predominance of laziness. Lovely.
In the afternoon I went and played Axis & Allies with Dan, Rob and Laul. Incredibly, as the evil Nazi empire, I surprised all by taking Moscow with a sneekiness that I didn't even see coming, and won for the first time. After a tentative and nervy start, I started to grow in boldness and aggression, but still felt the overwhelming force surrounding me. Slowly but surely, my forces cut a thin line through to the Russian capital (after the other half of my my pincer line was cut down quickly from the south), and I defeated the weakened Russian defences (following my oponents calamitous mistake in forgetting to purchase reinforcements) and held with resilience and ease for a further turn. A sweet victory.

In the evening, Mary and I went to Adam's housewarming party, which was a lot of fun. Had some good chats with Adam's bro Simon, my mate Al, and Adam's ex Sally. Fun fun fun.

Oh, and I also picked up my spectacles, which I need for my poor long vision. Very weird getting used to wearing them, but I think I like it.

2 Comments:

At 3:46 pm, Blogger Nick said...

Hello Pete
Sorry you have sprained your back.

Didn't know it was possible.
Get well soon
Nick

 
At 5:38 pm, Blogger Pete said...

Yes, it really is. It's a pain (in the back to be precise). But hey, I'm applying for a postman's job, so that's helping me sleep at night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home