Sunday, October 29, 2006

Modern Drunkard

Man, I love being hungover these days, it just doesn't feel as bad as it used to. There's that exhausted wooziness you feel, and your body's whimpering patheticness; your slouching, groaning, lazy body movements. It's a wonderful thing. I love that feeling of self-pity, where you curl up in a big jumper, drink lots of tea, and despair at Sunday morning telly.
This morning, I woke up to watch the last hour of match of the day. I just texted a friend about those annoying community project slots they have. So very dull. He said that he times them with the making of his breakfast, which is a good plan. There's notihng more annoying than going to make a cup of tea, or get some Shreddies and then missing a goal. Especially if you don't know the scores. Hmm.
Last night was really good, one of the best drinking days I've had in a long time. I started drinking in the afternoon, after coming back from the United game (lunch-time k.o.) and Simon and Jerry (from work) were there. Simon left soon after, but Jerry stuck around snd we chatted loads. I've not really spoken to him before, so I heard about his penchant for Phsychobilly and 60s Garage, and I tried to convince him that country music was good. I was drinking Pedigree and it tasted particularly good yesterday. We stayed in there until the Newcastle game, and watched that - we left ten minutes from the end, it was obviously going to end a draw. I quickly grabbed some tea and tried to sober up a little. I'd had four pints, and drinking in the afternoon can knock me out pretty bad, but I still felt good, if a little blurry, and I headed into town in good spirits.
At the Bath, I drank Schneider Weisse, which is a lovely wheat beer, very slowly, and enjoyed the company of my friends. Everyone was in good form, and it was fun to see Kirilee, who I simply love, she's a wonderful person. Adam and Simon were there too, as well as Gnomes, Felicity and Val. A great night, loads of fun, good booze, great company, I couldn't ask for more.

I think I might get a subscription to Modern Drunkard Magazine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home