Monday, August 22, 2005

Ben Fong Torres

Alcohol! I miss thee.

I've just realised that it's been far too long since a got blind drunk, offended lots of people, and threw up somewhere uncomfortable. Like a volkswagon. This must be corrected!

I think Greenbelt shall be the place! Heading down tomorrow morn to the Mighty 'Nham, and shall be meeting up with Tom Stroud (guy I lived with in Cheltenham, brother of Sarah Nicholson), which will be lovely. I told him he had to cook us tea, which he has obliged to do so, then the drinking shall begin. Maybe working in a pub has reminded me what a wonderful pastime drinking is. And also, I've started drinking Guinness for the first time in years, and I forgot how lovely the stuff is.

Music! Yay!

Got talking to one of the regulars tonight about music; he yarned about tremendous gigs he went to in the sixties (The Byrds, Dylan, Hendrix). Was cool. Good to talk to someone in the pub about something I can properly contribute to. He's in a band, plays guitar, is 51. Hippies never die! They just become accountants (I don't think he is though...). It was particularly dead this evening (I was only doing 5-8pm). I put on 'Tangled Up In Blue' and '100 Years From Now' by Dylan and The Byrds respectively (via jukebox).

Must go and pack......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home