Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The domination of the executive

I've decided to do the MA in Film part time. I had been accepted onto the course on a full time basis, but wasn't going to bother doing it because i didn't sort any funding out in time. But if I do it part time (1 module per semester), I'll stretch out the fees so it won't be so expensive. Now all I need to do is find a job, which is proving more difficult than I thought. I even went to the lighting shop I used to work at to see if they had any vacancies, but alas, they do not (probably a good thing really). I've got an appointment with another agency this morning, but it seems there isn't much around at the moment.

However, deciding to do the MA, even though it's only part time, has given me some hope, no matter how false. I was thinking last night that it is quite a false hope, because I am merely comforted by the structure given to me by the academic year; it makes me feel directed somewhere. But even if I am lying to myself, I'm happy to be duped for a while - it's better than feeling aimless. And it is a good thing for me, to get my brain moving again, something that is going to challenge me.

2 Comments:

At 2:19 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

the course sounds great when does it start?, hope the jobhunting goes well

 
At 6:01 pm, Blogger Pete said...

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. Starts in October. The module I'll be doing is called Textual Analysis: Narrative & Style. Hmmm. Yeah, it'll be good to get my teeth into something academic again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home